Tuesday, February 22, 2011


How do you know when you are starting to turn a corner after feeling sickly? When you start having food cravings. That is exactly what just happened to me. In true pre-wedding spirit, Gavin and I have been eating healthy and cutting back on carbs. I, however, am having a hankering for good 'ol Folk-Life Festival Beer Bread. If you've been, you know what I'm sayin'...Good news is that I have the recipe. Now if I can just get out of bed long enough to whip this piece of cake (or bread) recipe up.

3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 can (bottle) beer (best at room temp, but I don't have the patience for that)

Mix flour & sugar, then add beer. Mix until just combined. Bake in greased loaf pan at 325 degrees for an hour and a half. Butter the top of the loaf every 30 minutes while baking.

Nom Nom Nom...but I think all this typing has actually worn me out. Must. Get. Energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment