Thursday, June 3, 2010

Champagne Sangria

I know I'm still on my "I'm engaged!" cloud and have champagne on my mind but I've gotta say...I've got a serious craving for some champagne sangria! I discovered this delicious cocktail my freshman year of college at Dali's. I used to go with my good friends Thea & Amanda to gulp this concoction by the pitcher...yum yum! Gavin and I recently dappled in the champagne sangria at Jina Yoo's and it was pretty tasty too. I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com.

1 (750-ml) bottle Prosecco or French Champagne, chilled
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cups Mint Simple Syrup (Mint, water & sugar)
1 lemon, zested and thinly sliced
1 lime, zested and thinly sliced
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
5 fresh mint sprigs
Crushed ice

In a large pitcher, combine the Prosecco, orange juice, Mint Simple Syrup, lemon zest, and lime zest. Add the sliced strawberries, lemon slices, lime slices, and mint sprigs. Fill glasses with crushed ice and pour the sangria over the top. Serve immediately.

CHEERS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment