Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Latex paint vs. carpet

Day 2 of our "winter project"- painting & redecorating the basement! We decided on Maple Sugar for the walls and Lady in Red for the accent wall and stairwell. I thought it would be a good idea to do a test run on the paint colors, so I painted a patch of each color on its corresponding walls so we could see what it looks like with all different light. Good idea, right? So I'm minding my own business, painting random squares on the walls while Gavin was caulking, when I look down and see 2 red footprints on the cream carpet. I immediately checked the bottom of my shoes and realized that I was not the one who had stepped in the red paint. Turns out, latex paint isn't as difficult to get out of the carpet. We blotted with a damp rag, then soapy water, followed by a bath of soda water and a sprinkle of salt. After it sat for about 5 minutes, we soaked it up with a dry towel and the paint was gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment