Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Friendship Bread

My very best friend in the whole wide world (Emily...duh!) brought me something very interesting the other night when she came to visit. It was in a ziplock bag, looked kinda like a melted caramel milkshake and had Day 1 March 26 on it. I looked at it for awhile trying to figure out what the hell it actually was, so I finally asked. It turned out to be a "starter" for sweet "friendship" bread. You mush, add some basic ingredients, mush some more, let it sit, mush even more and finally on Day 10 you add a few more ingredients, divide (more on that later) and bake 2 loaves of this yummy, sweet bread. This would be wayyyy cooler if I was actually eating carbs right now, but looks and sounds pretty fun nonetheless. When you divide, you split the mix into 4. At that point, you can start a bag for your friends and pass it along. Alot of my friends aren't really big into cooking so if anyone (does anyone even read my blog???) wants a starter, let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment