Thursday, July 29, 2010

Coconut & Crab Risotto

If you know me at all, you know that I am a freakazoid about seafood. . .like F-R-E-A-K, literally will do anything, bend over backwards for some seafood, for any meal and any day of the week. I'm more than happy to get up early and leave the house in Florida by 8 am (I fully believe in island time...so this is insane) for a seafood omelet at my favorite AMI spot. When I spotted this recipe for Crab AND Coconut (possibly my second favorite thing ever) Risotto (which I could also eat every day of my life) I screamed out loud a little and was grinning from ear to ear. This will likely be the demise of my wedding, eating healthy plan...and I don't even care!




Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons butter
* 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
* 1 cup Arborio rice
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon curry powder
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk, divided
* 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, heated
* 1/2 pound lump crabmeat
* 1 ripe mango, chopped
* Flaked coconut

Preparation

Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add rice, and stir until well-coated and translucent, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Stir in half of coconut milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed. Repeat with remaining coconut milk. Stir in the hot broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until each addition has been absorbed. (The entire process should take 20 to 25 minutes.)

Stir in crabmeat and mango, and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with flaked coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment